||India Expansion Framework & South Asia Outreach
||Wireless For Communities (W4C) – Phase II
- To extend the success of the Chanderi Phase I project in 3 new locations in India with network deployment;
- To introduce the W4C programme in South Asia with ToT programme;
- To address network connectivity and access deficits enabling reduction of information and digital divide
- To create 3 wireless communities in 3 locations in 3 States in India – Tura (Meghalaya); Baran & Tilonia (Rajasthan)- with deployment of wireless mesh network;
- Deploy only ‘Training of Trainer’ (ToT) programme in 2 South Asian countries (Bangladesh and Bhutan).
- Connect cluster based communities with connectivity and access;
- To provide channels for information and content access;
- To facilitate service delivery in education, health and livelihood;
- To propel knowledge accumulation and contribute to building knowledge communities.