Vision, Mission & Objectives
To provide holistic, community-empowered approach to connecting rural communities to the Internet.
- To initiate dialogue and deliberation about the need and necessity of Wireless network as alternative solution to provide connectivity to remote and underserved communities
- To initiate advocacy with the relevant government organization to adopt wireless network to reach rural areas and communities with broadband connectivity and services on it
- To create capacity by organizing ToTs (Training of Trainers) and Training programs on Wireless Technologies and Wireless Mesh Network through at least One ToT and 3-4 Community Workshops
- To deploy at least One Wireless Mesh Network in a Cluster environment to target a community and observe the benefits and impact* over a period of time
- To promote and empower the wireless movement in India & South Asia.
- To educate, guide, and assist people in their efforts to build up and expand the W4C programme.
Communicating their objectives and facilitate outreach of their activities to various stakeholders.
- To stimulate the creation of content, product and services originating from rural areas
- To enhance linguistic and cultural diversity, and help in empowering the rural economy
- To create a pool of trainers through ‘Training of Trainers’ programme to expand the idea of W4C through design, deploy and operate wireless networks and to train community members in the deployment and operation of such networks
- To replicate the existing model of W4C programme in other parts of the country by organising two Wireless connectivity workshops and deploying the wireless networks in three different rural regions.
- To provide technical guidance on information and communication networks, and data and content management to local communities
- Conclave/Summit to discuss best practices, lessons learnt, and discussing issues from both a technical and policy perspective